Friday, January 13, 2012

Hello, my name is...

Victoria! Welcome to my page! Glad you dropped by. :)




Who am I?
I am a Vietnamese American, born in Redwood City, California, USA and raised in Union City, California. My parents are from Southern Vietnam. They immigrated to the US in the late 70's. I attended university at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and so I lived in Los Angeles for a number of years. I have a passion for travel, photography, design, the political economy and development, creativity, and all around, pretty things! What can I say, I am constantly on the lookout for eye candy and an interesting story!

Why did I decide to create this blog?
I've been blogging for ages now, but decided that I finally wanted to develop something that was a culmination of everything about me - a space for me to incorporate my loves in life.

Where am I and what am I doing?
I'm now living in the United Kingdom - more specifically, Brighton, England. It's a lovely coastal town about an hour south of London by train. I'm currently a Masters student at the University of Sussex, working on my degree in Global Political Economy. Other than being a student, I am incorporating as much traveling into my free time as possible!

What is my blog about?
I absolutely LOVE traveling and travel planning. Ask anyone I know! Through the years, I've been asked to give advice about cities I've been to and for ages now, I've been wanting to put it somewhere that I can share the knowledge. I'm in the midst of term paper-writing (don't worry, I have most of it done :P), so decided that now would be the time to do it. Life isn't waiting for me...if I want something I have to make it happen.

Where does my design background come from?
I've never been formally trained in graphic design, but my dad always had a printing shop as I was growing up and every weekend when I would go there, I'd invade his computers to use his awesome Adobe programs. True story: for a number of years, I was writing my essays in high school on Adobe Pagemaker. I've since realized that Microsoft Word was better suited for that, but hey, what can I say. I've always loved Adobe programs. Fast forward to high school and college - I was an editor for the school yearbooks and loved it! I'm all about capturing memories - whether through photography or design!

Cheers! Hope to see you again soon! x

No comments:

Post a Comment